The MTV Movie Awards passed around the popcorn on Sunday night.
- “The Hunger Games” had four wins: best female performance (Jennifer Lawrence), best male performance (Josh Hutcherson), best on-screen transformation (Elizabeth Banks), best fight.
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2″ won two: best cast, best hero (Harry Potter).
- “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1″ won two: movie of the year, best kiss (Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson for the fourth straight year.)
- “Bridesmaids” won two: best comedic performance (Melissa McCarthy), best gut-wrenching performance (the food poisoning scene.)
- Other winners included Shailene Woodley for breakthrough performance for “The Descendants,” Jennifer Aniston as best on-screen dirtbag for “Horrible Bosses” and LMFAO‘s “Party Rock Anthem” from “21 Jump Street” for best music.
- Also: MTV Trailblazer Award: Emma Stone; MTV Generation Award: Johnny Depp
- Best quote: “I’ve wanted to hold a golden popcorn since I was 4 years old” — Hutcherson.