The upfronts are over, and the fall TV season is in place. Some thoughts:
- Shows we’re happy to see picked up: Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Life, Lipstick Jungle, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Boston Legal, How I Met Your Mother, Reaper.
- Shows we’re sorry to see go: Moonlight, Men In Trees, Miss Guided, Back To You.
- New shows that could become favorites: Fringe, Life On Mars, 90210, 11th Hour, Own Worst Enemy, The Ex List.
- Shows that moved: Boston Legal (Monday at 10), Life (Friday at 10), Without A Trace (Tuesday at 10), Eli Stone (Tuesday at 10), The Unit (Sunday at 10).
- Show that switched networks: Scrubs (NBC to ABC).
- Second-half shows we look forward to: Lost, 24, Dollhouse, Office spinoff, Merlin.
- Best network: Fox with 24, House, Bones, Prison Break, Terminator, Fringe.
- Best night: Monday with Gossip Girl, Heroes, Chuck, CSI Miami. Boston Legal, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, Terminator.
- Toughest hour: Monday at 8 with Gossip Girl vs. Chuck vs. Big Bang Theory/HIMYM vs. Terminator
- Juiciest hour: Wednesday at 10 with Dirty Sexy Money vs. Lipstick Jungle vs. CSI New York.
- Rookie showdown: Life on Mars vs. Eleventh Hour, Thursday at 10.