CHEWING THE FAT
- Melissa McCarthy. Variety reports the actress will return to host SNL for the third time Super Bowl weekend Feb. 1. The Feb. 2 Super Bowl will be played in New York, which means there will be loads of celebrities in the city.
- Boardwalk Empire. HBO announces that next season of the prohibition-era show will be the last. It’s the right time to exit.
- Tom Morello. The American guitarist — best known for his work with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave — is making his first solo rock album.
- Jesse Plemons. The young actor, who was impressive on Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights, is reportedly contention for a lead role in Star Wars: Episode VII.
- Psych. This week’s season 8 opener — Lock, Stock, Some Smoking Barrels and Burton Guster’s Goblet of Fire — sent Shawn and Gus to London. USA’s comedy-drama continues to thrive.
- “I stopped eating like a jerk.” — Tom Arnold on losing 90 pounds.
Share the joy