CHEWING THE FAT
- Duck Dynasty. After huge fan outcry, A&E reverses suspension of Phil Robertson for comments about gay and black people. “[Duck Dynasty] is not a show about one man’s views.” Did you expect anything else?
- 47 Ronin. Keanu Reeves‘ samurai epic flops. A reported $175 million loss for Universal Pictures after an anemic holiday opening.
- Treme. Fond farewell to David Simon‘s wonderful HBO series about New Orleans. Loved every minute.
- Nikita. Happy ending for our heroes. Well done.
- NFL. Final Sunday of the regular season. Playoff berths and seeds on the line. NBC’s Sunday Night finale Eagles-Cowboys determines last spot.
- Lilyhammer music. So good, so inspired. We want a soundtrack.
- “Breasts … anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go ‘by the book’ … it’d be problematic.” — Gal Godot, responding to fan criticism that she’s not fit enough, and not large-chested enough to play the DC Comics icon.