CHEWING THE FAT
- The Amazing Race. Jason and Amy, a dating couple from Boston, was the best team and won the $1 million. Alaska was a beautiful setting for the final leg.
- Leighton Meester. Former Gossip Girl will make her Broadway debut next year as a beautiful temptress in the revival of Of Mice and Men. James Franco and Chris O’Dowd are also in the cast.
- Frozen. Disney’s animated tale cools off The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, winning box office with $31.6 million over the weekend.
- Scandal. ABC’s hit show will broadcast 18 instead of 22 episodes. There’s a good reason: Kerry Washington is pregnant.
- Low Winter Sun. AMC cancels low-rated drama after one season. Rare miss by the network.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. The film star will enter a team in the new electric motor racing championship Formula E .
- “Plain and simple: Mean people need Jesus. They will be in my prayers tonight … 1 Peter 2:1-25.” — CarrieUnderwood, responding to harsh criticisms for her starring role in the Sound of Music Live!