Bravo Developing 1980s Cola Wars SeriesOctober 28th, 2012 | Posted by in Television
Bravo, seeking to expand into scripted programming, is developing a workplace drama based on the 1980s Coke vs. Pepsi advertising wars.
You remember: New Coke. Classic Coke. The Pepsi Challenge. “Coke is It!” “Choice of the New Generation.”
Would you watch?
Other Bravo projects:
- A reboot of the cult-classic flick “Heathers.” The show is set in the present day, 20 years after the movie left off.
- “22 Birthdays.” Follows the lives of a parents at a private school. Each episode would be centered around a birthday party.
- “Blowing Sunshine.” A series about the staff and patients of a fictional private rehab center.
- “Apartment.” Two twentysomething siblings inherit the love nest where their late mother had an 18-year affair.
- “Darlings.” Based on the novel by Christina Alger about a high-society family on Manhattan’s Upper East Side that’s pulled into a financial scandal after a business partner’s Ponzi scheme unravels, driving him to suicide and exposing the family (and company’s) secrets.
- “All American Girl.” Based on Black List writer Jenni Ross’ mother’s stint as fashion editor at Seventeen magazine in the 1970s.
- “Rita.” A family drama that centers on an acerbic and outspoken private school teacher who struggles to raise her three teen children while dealing with bureaucracy and overprotective parents at her school.