“It’ll be more intense. There’ll be a lot more comedy in the show. It won’t be a talk show. It won’t be a variety show with wigs and hats.”
- One celebrity guest, perhaps two at most.
- Musical acts twice a week, some Grammy-style collaborations.
- Bigger set.
- No desk (except possibly for the “headlines” segment).
- Reports from correspondents D.L. Hughley, Racheal Harris and Mikey Day.
- Occasional comedy bits from NBC News anchor Brian Williams.
- Celebrity car races (Shaquille O’Neal vs, Cameron Diaz) on track built next to studio.
- Signature comedy bits to end the show, leading directly (no commercials) into the 11 p.m. news.