Summer is stocked with fresh TV… returning old favorites (Burn Notice, The Closer, True Blood, Entourage, Mad Men) and new editions of reality hits (Big Brother, Project Runway, The Next Food Network Star). But there are also plenty of new scripted series to check out.
- Royal Pains (USA, June 6) — Mark Feuerstein plays an on-call doc to the wealthy in the Hamptons.
- Nurse Jackie (Showtime, June 8) — Three-time Emmy winner Edie Falco follows up “The Sopranos” with a dark comedy about an ER nurse with problems of her own.
- HawthoRNe (TNT, June 16) — Nurses are hot. Jada Pinkett Smith plays by her own rules in this medical drama.
- Merlin (NBC, June 21) — Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) are young men in Camelot.
- Hung (HBO, June 28) — What’s a well-endowed high school teacher (Thomas Jane) who is down on his luck to do? HBO says it’s not a smarmy sex comedy.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family, July 7) — Update of the 1999 movie that starred Heath Ledger.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy, July 7) — Action show about Secret Service agents hunting dangerous artifacts launches SciFi’s transformation.
- Dark Blue (TNT, July 15) — Dylan McDermott is a deep-undercover cop in the latest Jerry Bruckheimer production.