Here’s what producers are saying as the show prepares to begin its third season Oct. 1 on DirecTV with NBC repeating the episodes in 2009.
- The action skips eight months ahead to the fall and the final year of high school for several prominent characters.
- Former guidance counselor Tami is now the school principal… and her husband, the coach’s boss.
- Lyla and Tim are in a serious relationship after Lyla (you go girl) dumps her bible-thumping boyfriend.
- Tyra wants to be friends with Landry… as she hooks up with a local rodeo star.
- Matt and Julie are friends again… maybe lovers?
- Smash and Jason, who have already graduated, say goodbye.
- Matt’s mother reappears in his life.
- A freshman phenom creates a quarterback controversy.
- Santiago is gone.