I thought that was clever too.
New details of the 90210 spin off are beginning to surface and I couldn’t be more excited. Seems the show will focus around the Beverly Hills family, The Mills (Not the Walsh’s) and the brother/sister relationship. How wonderfully unique! Variety has the scoop:
Matriarch of the family is Tabitha Mills, a 60-something actress/alchoholic who was a major star in the 1970s and had been linked to everyone from Warren Beatty to Jack Nicholson. After her latest bout at Betty Ford, Tabitha decides to try to live on her own in her BevHills estate.
Worried for his mom’s safety, do-gooder son Harrison “Harry” Mills, a 1980s graduate of Beverly Hills High, decides to move back home to the 90210 after years in St. Louis. He brings with him his wife, Celia, an Olympic athlete who’s looking forward to living in Cali, and ends up working as a personal trainer.
So far this sounds like every VH1 reality TV show that I have ever seen, but lets give it a chance! Lets hope the show centers around a multicultural mix of teens and twenty somethings that suffer from an array of social anxiety’s and alcohol dependency.
- Silver, aka Daphne Silver, a wannabe socialite who hosts her own YouTube series. She becomes good pals with Annie and has a crush on Dixon (as well as the only Jewish girl at BevHills High with a black boyfriend.
- Max Silver, Daphne’s 24-year-old brother, is a working man who manages the family movie theater at the Century City Mall (the new show’s version of the Peach Pit, perhaps?) He seems forever on the verge of a nervous breakdown and appears to be harboring some secrets.
- Navid Shirazi produces the high school’s student-run video newscast and is of Middle Eastern descent. He’s the consummate high school politician.
- Ethan Ward is a likable jock who falls out of favor with the “in” crowd and ends up hanging with the “90210” crew.
- Naomi Bennett is Ethan’s super-hot, ultra-rich ex-girlfriend. She appears to be a brat but will end up having more layers.
Ooooooooo, Naomi is my fav so far. The CW spinoff has yet to be officially green-lit but with characters like these, you know it will be. Set your DVRs.