J.J. Abrams has added Joshua Jackson to his new Fox drama “Fringe.” Jackson, who is best-known for playing Pacey on “Dawson’s Creek,” will play a member of a unit investigating sci-fi mysteries. The group also includes his gifted yet possibly insane scientist dad with whom he clashes (John Noble) and an FBI agent (Anna Torv).
There’s plenty of other casting news this week:
- Justin Timberlake will star in writer/director Michael Meredith’s drama “The Open Road,” in which he’ll play a young man trying to reconnect with his father (Jeff Bridges) as he struggles to get the old man home to his ailing mother’s bedside.
- Hilary Swank is set to play aviatrix Amelia Earhardt in “Amelia,” a biopic that will be directed by Mira Nair.
- Hayden Panettiere (“Heroes”) is set to star in teenage comedy “Daydream Nation.”
- Val Kilmer will replace Will Arnett as the voice of “Knight Rider.”
- Molly Shannon and Selma Blair will star in NBC’s “Kath and Kim,” a remake of an Australian comedy about a woman and her adult daughter.
- Larry David and Evan Rachel Wood will appear in a new, unnamed Woody Allen movie.